Our Warm, Friendly Environment Is Full of Love And Hugs for Your Child.
Our Warm, Friendly Environment Is Full of Love And Hugs for Your Child.
Your Child Will Engage In Explorative Play And Begin To Make Sense Of The World!
Your little tyke is ready to experience more of what is going on around them and to integrate knowledge across subject areas. Our teachers design hands-on learning experiences that promote healthy social interaction, emotional intelligence, physical agility, innate creativity and future school success. Our Three Year Old Program is full of activities that light up your child’s mind as we draw them into the fun of learning.
Expressive and receptive language
Appreciation and production of music and art
Visual and spatial perception
Logical and mathematical calculation
Use of large and fine motor skills
Alphabet skills, phonological and phonemic awareness with our letter identification program: Let’s Begin With The Letter People
A strong foundation for reading skills
A well-balanced and solid foundation for school
“Team Teaching” means double the learning opportunities for your child, with two highly specialized teachers per class. A fun, interactive curriculum using puppets and ingenious activities awaits your curious little one. Your child will be building on this knowledge when they enter the Pre-K class the following year.
- Pre-reading skills that will help build the phonemic awareness skills necessary to successfully transition to Kindergarten level reading.
- Upper and lower case recognition through the use of Letter people puppet play. Since each puppet has its own attributes, for example: Mr. M has a Munchy Mouth and Mr. N has a Noisy Nose, learning about letters and their sounds becomes more meaningful and memorable. They will also receive a helpful take-home card that corresponds with the “Letter Person of the Week” to continue this dynamic learning at home.
- Math concepts and vocabulary through hands-on learning activities and games
- To expand their curiosity and critical thinking abilities while experiencing science phenomena.
- To develop coordination, control and muscle strength in their hands. This will enable them hold a pencil correctly and build up their writing stamina.
Gaining Positive Pro-Social Skills
Your little one is expanding their social skills and sense of community. We teach them how to identify and name their feelings, while managing their emotions in a healthy way. Learning courtesy, inclusivity, empathy and more, they are finding their place and their voice.
A Happy, Healthy Environment
As your little one prepares for school we guide them with self-help and independence skills as well as lesson plans that are provided each month. You child’s routine makes them feel secure and nurtured, and our beautiful big playground is the perfect place for them to let loose.
You Stay Up-to-Date
We offer frequent progress notes and assessments for you. A weekly pictorial newsletter is emailed to the parents of the class each Friday with pictures of the class participating in the lesson plans.
NAEYC stands for the National Association for the Education of Young Children. This is the highest accreditation for preschools in the country. Accredited programs have met NAEYC’s 10 standards for high quality early childhood education.
We have a very diverse population of children and 30-40% of our students do not speak English when they first start with us. We have many years of experience and training in the process of language acquisition and will help your child build their language skills.
Yes, your child needs to be fully potty-trained to attend the 3’s class. This class is not set up for diaper changing as it does not have a changing table. Children can still wear a pull up at nap time if needed.
No, your child must be able to feed themselves. However, we will help and encourage your child to improve in this area.
The State of Texas licensing regulations require that all children in care for more than 5 hours a day be given a nap/quiet time. Kindergarten Prep will have the children lie quietly on their mats for 30-45 minutes. At the end of that time, children who are not asleep will be given a bag with quiet activities until nap time is over. Music and books on tape are played for the children during this time also.
Daily notes are provided for the 2yr old program. However, the 3’s and Pre-K program do not send out notes due to time constraints. We feel that writing multiple notes each day would take away from valuable instruction time. We do send home progress notes and assessment every 6 weeks and hold parent-teacher conferences twice a year.
- Even if a child has the ability to perform a task, is does not mean that the task is developmentally appropriate and should be performed.
- Perceptual judgment of eye-hand coordination is developing.
- Perceptual development is dependent on the development of the brain and central nervous system.
- Worksheets are teacher directed and not open ended.
- Worksheets and coloring books generally lead children to think that there is only a single correct way to use them
- Worksheets require little, if any, higher-order thinking.
- Worksheet-based curricula dampen enthusiasm for learning. Too many worksheets lead to boredom; the use of different teaching methods better meets the individual needs of variety.
- Worksheets typically have a “right answer” and may make a child feel frustrated, so that they learn to stop taking risks by guessing.
Kindergarten Prep has taken the cost to educate your child during the (10) months of the regular school year and divided into 10 equal payments. Therefore, you pay the same amount each month whether your child is in school or not. This is actually less expensive than paying a weekly tuition for the whole year. The school also does not charge any additional supply fees.
Yes, each classroom and playground has at least one security camera which allows our administration team to continuously monitor activities throughout the center with audio and visual.
On their first day a child will need to bring a backpack with a change of clothes, a lunch and a nap roll for nap time.
WHAT PARENTS HAVE TO SAY...
Their dedication to excellence and attention to each student makes them stand out amongst the many preschools we toured. They have a robust curriculum and a great teacher-to-child ratio.
Kenny & Christine Kwok
This is our second child going through Kindergarten Prep. This is what I really like: NAEYC accreditation, academic driven, teacher student ratio.
Alicia Makaye, PHD
We love their well-rounded approaches to early childhood education. In addition to academic focus, the program here also helped strengthen our boy’s physical, social and emotional development.
NAEYC Accreditation: The Right Choice for Kids
When parents want the best, they choose Kindergarten Prep Child Care Center. We are the only preschool accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) in Allen, Texas. NAEYC accreditation assures you that your child will be safe, healthy, and learning each day. Accredited programs have met NAEYC’s 10 standards for high quality Early Childhood Education. These programs have demonstrated that they provide a safe and healthy environment for children, have teachers who are well trained, have access to excellent teaching material, and work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound.