Quality child care programs provide parents with a safe, nurturing, socially stimulating and educational setting for their children. The common features of these high-quality programs include both structural and process elements. While the structural elements relate to the physical setting and the staff, the process elements refer to the curriculum, parental involvement and qualities of the caregivers.
The structural elements of a quality child care preschool program lay the foundation for excellent process settings. Some of the structural elements include:
- Square footage per child
- Amount and type of outdoor space
- Requirements for furniture, appliance and structural features in all areas of the preschool
- The ratio between adult and child
- The amount of initial and continuing training required for staff
- Staff salaries, benefits and working requirements
Quality programs typically exceed state licensing requirements in these areas. Programs that offer higher adult-to-child ratios provide strong structural elements and are able to effectively support the social and intellectual development of the children enrolled in the program. Exceptional child care programs also offer an abundance of well-suited resources, such as toys, furniture and equipment that surpass the minimum demands put forth by state regulators. The level of staff education is generally above the minimum prerequisites in quality programs.
The process elements relate to the experiential qualities of the program. These vital features directly impact learning and behavior in the child care center.
- Adult-to-child interactions
- Involvement of the children with the learning resources
- Relationships between the parents and the caregivers
The most crucial process element in a quality child care preschool program is the relationship that exists between the children and the educators teaching in the facility. Educators who demonstrate strong nurturing skills help children to build the attachments that are necessary to healthy social and emotional development. These teachers are experts in the field of child development; understand the impact of offering enriching activities and communicate effectively with children, parents and fellow colleagues.
Exceptional child care centers have teachers who provide a curriculum that is individualized for children based on a variety of factors, including age, development and learning ability. A quality curriculum is taught by teachers who:
- Understand the stages of child development and the temperaments associated with them
- Meet the needs of the children in their care and encourage appropriate development of independence
- Consistently initiate verbal, social and physical engagement
- Are responsive to the verbal, social and physical behavior of the children in their care
- Are responsible, predictable, consistent and reliable
- Plan experiences that meet the functioning level of individual children
Superior child care programs understand the impact of family involvement and the development of individual children. These centers offer comprehensive information about the program elements, educators and curriculum. They also ensure that teachers communicate daily with parents, providing them with thorough details about each day’s events so as to develop a better sense of continuity between home and preschool.
To learn more about top quality child care in the Allen, TX, area, contact the experts at Kindergarten Prep Child Care Center. Call 972-396-0099 today!
Quality Child Care Allen TX
Kindergarten Prep Child Care Center
802 S. Alma Drive Suite #100
Allen, Texas 75013